Cooking shrimps on a traditional skillet can be a bit tricky as many of them will not cook evenly and some, depending on size and positioning, may take more time to cook than others. That’s why we strongly recommend you pick up a shrimp grill pan that allows you to cook them easily and with far less guess-work.
Since there are so many options on the market we’ve gone ahead and reviewed some of the best selling pans on the market and have come up with a list of the five best that you can order right now:
- Outset 76163 Non-Stick Shrimp Grill Pan is the best value for your money.
- Outset Slotted Cast Iron Shrimp Grill Pan – Best for Large Quantities of Shrimp.
- KYNZER BBQ Folding Shrimp Grill Pan – Best for Cleaning Afterwards.
- Outset Circular Cast Iron Scallop Grill Pan – Best for Serving Multiple Dishes.
- Cuisinel Cast Iron Square Shrimp Grill Pan – Best Durability.
- Outset 76163 Non-Stick Shrimp Grill Pan – Best for Storing Afterwards.
Our Top Overall Pick
- Outset Slotted Cast Iron Shrimp Grill Pan is our pick based on value, durability and utility.
|Outset Slotted Cast Iron Shrimp Grill Pan||Check Price|
|KYNZER BBQ Folding Shrimp Grill Pan||Check Price|
|Outset Circular Cast Iron Scallop Grill Pan||Check Price|
|Cuisinel Cast Iron Square Shrimp Grill Pan||Check Price|
|Outset 76163 Non-Stick Shrimp Grill Pan||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Shrimp Grill Pans
1. Outset Slotted Cast Iron Shrimp Grill Pan – Best for Large Quantities of Shrimp
- 6.25″ x 13.25″ x 2″
- Cooks 22 Jumbo shrimp at once
- Pre-seasoned without added oil or fats for a natural non-stick surface
- Sustains high heat
- Great for frying, sauteing, grilling, and other cooking methods
- Price: Check Price
The Outset shrimp grill pan makes the cooking a lot easier when you are having a party at your home. It has 22 slots for shrimps, oysters, or any other type of seafood. You can serve everyone and cook the next batch even quicker as the cast iron remains warm for long.
If you take proper care of the grilling pan, it can last for decades and get better over time. You should wash the cast iron with warm water and restore it with natural oils. With its heirloom quality and sleek design, it will make the food more presentable.
The grill pan is small, allowing you to transfer it quickly from the cooktop to the oven. The cast iron will help in even heat distribution over any flame.
- Multiple shrimps or shrimps in a single serving
- Works on stovetops, grills, and other cookware
- Non-stick coating
- 100% pure cast iron keeps the surface warm for further cooking
- Not safe with dishwashers
- Difficult to clean
2. KYNZER BBQ Folding Shrimp Grill Pan – Best for Cleaning Afterwards
- Foldable handle for easy movement
- Perforated design
- Eliminates the risk of losing the flavor
- A heavy-duty pan that withstands high temperatures
- Price: Check Price
The Kynzer BBQ folding grill pan has a perforated design that infuses the smoky flavor without damaging the food. Its low rounded sides allow easy flipping and flawless grilling. Any type of food – be it vegetables or shrimp – will taste much better when cooked on this grill pan.
The pan sustains high temperatures and does not require stovetop cooking before going onto the grill. Its perforated holes make the grilling much better by allowing the oils and juices to drain out. Moreover, you do not have to worry about losing the food to the fire as the holes are small enough to handle it.
This grill pan comprises a foldable handle so you can easily move, store or transport it anywhere you want. Grill vegetables, seafood, or quesadillas, without having to risk them getting stuck as the pan comes with a non-stick coating.
- Works for small BBQs as well as large gatherings
- Foldable handle for easy storage
- Cooks vegetables, pizzas, shrimps, and other seafood
- Perforated holes allow better grilling
- Sustains high temperatures
- Creates a lot of smoke
3. Outset Circular Cast Iron Scallop Grill Pan – Best for Serving Multiple Dishes
- 12-inch diameter
- Pre-seasoned for a non-stick surface
- Suitable for frying, cooking, sauteing, grilling, etc.
- Cooks fish, scallops, shrimps, and lobsters
- Price: Check Price
The Outset scallop cast iron grill pan is a premium quality product that promises great food and better table presentation. It is one of the most used cookware by Outset that can cook shrimps, fish, scallops, and lobsters.
It comes pre-seasoned without any oils or fats to provide a natural non-stick surface. This makes the food better and adds more flavor to every serving. It can last longer than a decade without getting all rusty or lumpy.
Moreover, this grill pan is transferable from one place to another without demanding much effort as it is light enough to carry. It is compatible with stovetops, grills, and ovens, providing you the same savory taste. You can also use the grill pan on camping trips with your family and friends.
- Improves food presentation on the table
- Cooks multiple seafood dishes
- Non-stick cast iron
- Compatible with any type of cooking equipment like a stovetop, grill, or oven.
- Not dishwasher safe
4. Cuisinel Cast Iron Square Shrimp Grill Pan – Best for Durability
- Multipurpose cast iron grill pan
- Or both indoor and outdoor cooking
- Made with premium quality material
- Easy to clean after every use
- The glass lid prevents spilling
- Price: Check Price
With the Cuisinel cast iron grill pan, you can cook on any type of cookware – be it grill, stovetops, or induction. You can use this product at your home or take it outside for camping.
The premium quality construction makes it a durable option for regular users. The surface is non-stick that allows you to cook delicate food effortlessly. It evenly distributes the heat and provides properly cooked and more delicious food.
You can clean it with a stiff brush and warm water to use it for a longer period. Clean it tight after using it so that the food does not get stuck to the surface. Avoid soap or dishwater as it might damage the material, causing the pan to break.
- Unmatchable heat retention
- Durable enough to last generations
- Can be used in oven, stove, and grill
- Holds a large quantity of food
- Precise heat distribution
- No non-stick coating
- Have to wash it right after use
5. Outset 76163 Non-Stick Shrimp Grill Pan – Best for Storing Afterwards
- 12-inch diameter
- Non-stick surface
- Perforated holes for smoky flavors
- Detachable handle
- Works both indoor and outdoor
- Price: Check Price
Yet another Outset grill pan to satisfy your seafood cravings. It comes with a perforated design that ensures the natural taste of your food. No matter what you cook, the holes in this pan will keep the smoky flavor alive.
Its detachable handle allows you to store it in tight spaces. You can even leave the pan on top of the grill and remove the handle. This way, the handle will not get hot, and you can pick up the pan without burning your hand.
- Perforated holes ensure natural flavor
- Removable handle for easy storage
- Grills vegetables, shrimps, fish, etc.
- According to some users, its non-stick coating comes off easily
- Difficult to attach the handle
Shrimps taste better when cooked on a shrimp grill pan. But with so many options to choose from, people get confused deciding what model is best for them. You have to keep some crucial factors in mind before you buy a shrimp grill pan. The following elements will help you make the best decision:
How Many Shrimp
How many shrimps can you cook on a grill pan? Some models allow only five at a time, while others let you cook more than 20 in a single serving. It depends on whether you are cooking for limited people or serving a large group.
A grill pan with 7-8 shrimp slots will be perfect if you do not entertain guests at your place more often. However, a 20-slot shrimp grill pan might come in handy while hiking or camping with friends. You can cook more quantity in less time with these types of grill pans.
Material matters the most in case of shrimp grill pans. A grill pan built with low-quality material comes with the disadvantage of getting the food stuck to the surface. A premium quality one will keep it safe and easy to clean.
These pans come in stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum, and ceramic. Some of them have a non-stick coating that prevents the food from sticking. However, you have to be careful as sometimes the coating comes off after the first use.
Also, look for the material that has the highest heat resistance capabilities. It will allow you to cook or warm the food at higher temperatures without ruining it.
Evenly Heated Surface
Heat distribution is also an important factor when you are cooking more quantity on the pan. The surface should be able to distribute the heat among every piece evenly. An uneven distribution will lead to uncooked or undercooked food, which is unhealthy for the body.
Grill pans that heat effectively and efficiently will leave fewer hot spots on the food. It will save you from getting your hands or tongue burn. Aluminum is the best material that distributes the heat evenly and produces perfectly cooked food.
A grill pan’s handle comes in various designs, having different features. Some handles are heat resistant, while others have heat indicators that save you from burning your hand.
Most of the cheaper models do not have any of these features. So, you have to look for long handles to pick the pan without hurting yourself. However, it will add up to its weight, making it heavier and difficult to carry.
Every grill pan requires proper care and regular cleaning to last long. You have to buy those shrimp grill pans that are easy to wash and do not need much effort after every use. For this purpose, non-stick surfaces are the best option available. It is even better if you find a dishwasher-safe shrimp grill pan to save your time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best shrimp grill pan?
The best shrimp grill pan is the Outset 76375 Shrimp Cast Iron Grill and Serving Pan. It comprises 22 slots for your shrimps, allowing you to cook a great quantity at a time. This product will be the most suitable option for those who go on camping or hiking trips frequently.
Moreover, you can cook easily when a crowd gathers at your place for dinners and parties. It can last for at least 10-15 years if you clean it after every use and season it once in a while.
How do you cook shrimp on a skillet?
Here are the steps to cook shrimps on a skillet:
- First, place the shrimps in a bowl and top it with some seasonings. Mix properly and ensure that shrimps get layers of every ingredient, like Italian seasoning, salt, and chili flakes.
- Place the pan on the stove and turn it on. Heat butter at medium temperature, and once it melts, add shrimps to the skillet. If the pan is hot enough, the shrimps will sizzle.
- Cook shrimps for 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip them to cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes. It will take about 4 to 6 minutes for your shrimps to get ready.
- After that, pick them up with a tong and place them on a serving dish.
How do you cook shrimp on a grill?
Cooking shrimps on the grill requires you to follow these simple steps:
- Pre-heat the grill at medium-to-high level temperature (375 to 400 degrees)
- Place the shrimps in a grill pan or a bowl and add oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and olive oil. Mix these ingredients properly.
- Now, place the pan directly on the grill for at least 3 to 4 minutes. During this time, keep flipping the shrimps to ensure both sides get the appropriate amount of heat.
- Wait for the shrimps to curl into a C shape and turn pink. Once they do, pick them up with a tong and place them on serving plates.
- Squeeze some lemon on top to add a savory flavor and your shrimps are ready.
How do you not overcook shrimp?
Overcooking a shrimp is the most common mistake that beginners or even professionals make. They turn their attention from the grill for long, which ruins the shrimp or any other food.
Shrimps do not take much time to cook. It is better to stay by the grill and focus on the food to get the perfect taste. When the shrimps turn pink and curl into a C shape, you can pick them up using a tong.
The cooking time of a shrimp also depends on the temperature. For example, shrimps take about 4 to 5 minutes if you are heating them at 375 to 400 degrees.
How do you cook frozen raw shrimp?
The most vital step to cook frozen raw shrimp is thawing. Here is how you can thaw a shrimp:
- Keep the frozen shrimps in a sealed bag and submerge it in a bowl of cold water.
- Wait for 20-30 minutes to let the shrimps fully thaw. Afterward, take them out of the bag and place them on a plate.
- You have to pat the shrimps with paper towels to let the excess water flow out.
- Cook the shrimps on a skillet or a grill, whatever you prefer.