Shucking oysters can be a daunting task for newbies. It’s the perfect combination of difficult, dangerous and time consuming which makes an oyster shucking machine so desirable. It turns the task of opening oysters from a chore into a breeze but with so many different types to choose from it can be difficult to find the perfect one for your needs. That’s why we’ve reviewed the most popular options on the market and have come up with a list of the five best oyster shucker machines you can order online today.
- King Kooker Oyster Shucker is the best value for your money.
- King Kooker Oyster Shucker is the best for home use.
- Stainless Steel Oyster Shucker is the best for commercial use.
- Vollrath Oyster Shucker is the easiest to use.
- Aozita Oyster Shucker is best for different sized oysters.
- Hoomuda Oyster Shucker is the most durable.
Our Top Overall Pick
- King Kooker Oyster Shucker is our top, all-around pick based on value, utility and durability.
|King Kooker Oyster Shucker||Check Price|
|Aozita Oyster Shucker||Check Price|
|Hoomuda Oyster Shucker||Check Price|
|Vollrath Oyster Shucker||Check Price|
|Stainless Steel Oyster Shucker||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Oyster Shucking Machines
1. King Kooker Oyster Shucker – Best for Home Use
- The metallic portion is made of stainless steel
- It comes with a base made of pine wood
- It is sturdy and well built
- King Kooker comes with an oyster knife
- Price: Check Price
Here is a heavy-duty oyster shucker that is bound to make your life easier. With the stainless steel King Kooker 5500B, you will be able to get that delicious oyster meat with ease. Think of all the times you ended up struggling, crying, and moaning only to shuck one oyster meat out! The King Kooker opener easily breaks open even the toughest of shells saving you time, hassle, and an injured hand.
If you are planning to shuck oysters in huge volumes, it is a must-have item. The simple design and easy to use feature makes it the best at opening oyster. With minimal pressure, you can get those stubborn shells to break open, leaving you with fewer regrets and more oyster meat to savor. The King Kooker oyster shucker makes shelling oysters an enjoyable experience.
- It is easy to use
- You don’t have to use much force to crack open an oyster.
- You can shuck many oysters in so little time.
- Since you don’t apply much strength, it reduces the chances of an accident taking place. It is much safer, and you are less likely to end up with an injury.
- The handle could be uncomfortable as it is round. You can add a grip to get a better feel of it.
- Some oysters might not fit well, and you would end up losing some juice while shucking it.
2. Aozita Oyster Shucker – Best for Adjustable Sizing
- It comes with a stainless steel composition and a metallic base.
- The Aozita Oyster shucker has adjustable settings to help you break open oysters of different sizes.
- The metallic base of this oyster shucker has an added grove, which prevents the oyster from moving. It stabilizes the oyster and stops it from sliding when we add pressure to it.
- With Aozita, you also get G-clips and an oyster knife. The G-clip can be used to fix the oyster shucker to the table.
- Price: Check Price
We all know that oysters come in not one but many different sizes. There are plenty of oyster shuckers out there in the market, but none comes close to the versatility of Aozita Oyster shucker. It is a comprehensive kit which is sure to meet all your needs. With this product, you can crack open oysters of different sizes with ease. It is possible thanks to its adjustable lever and five stabilization slots.
To use this product, all you need to do is use the G-clips clips to secure it to a table. Once you get a stable base, you can adjust the fulcrum to the desired height depending on the oyster’s size. After you get those oyster meats out, you won’t have to worry about cleaning as you can effortlessly clean it.
- The Aozita has an adjustable lever system which can accommodate oysters of different sizes.
- It is rigid, stable, and well built. The G-clips reduces the chances of any untoward accidents.
- It is easy to clean
- The entire structure is metallic. It is a durable product.
- It is pricey.
3. Hoomuda Oyster Shucker – Best for Durability
- It consists of high-end construction, which includes stainless steel pry stick and a metal base made of premium aluminum.
- For better stability, the base comes with grooves.
- You also get a G-clip, which you can use to fix the shell opener to a table.
- The adjustable lever lets you adjust the pry stick’s height, depending on the size of the oyster.
- Price: Check Price
If you own a restaurant, a seafood vendor, or plan to hold a buffet, here is the perfect oyster shucker that would meet all your needs. Hoomuda Oyster Shucker is built to endure. You can go on shelling those stubborn oyster shells with ease. It is a product which is built to last. Thanks to its stainless still pry stick and premium aluminum base, the Hoomuda oyster shucker can endure extensive use. The best part is that you can shell those oysters with ease without having to worry about injuring your hand.
The adjustable lever and grooves on its base make it efficient. You also get a G-clip to give better stability and an excellent shell knife to help you make that final cut. It is a great product.
- The Hoomuda Oyster Shucker is durable and built to endure extensive use.
- The aluminum base and stainless steel pry stick make it rust-free.
- It is highly efficient, thanks to the adjustable lever.
- G-clips and the grooves on its base help give better security. It is safe.
- It is hassle-free and saves your time.
- It is a little pricey.
- It takes a lot of table space.
4. Vollrath Oyster Shucker – Best for Ease of Use
- The handle has a grip to offer a better hold while applying force on the lever.
- The base has four rubber feet, which offer stability to this equipment and prevents it from slipping.
- Well built thick blade made of stainless steel.
- Price: Check Price
Imagine having to shell 10-20 pounds of oysters every day. That would be a lot of work. When you don’t have the right tools, instead of accomplishing your task, you will end up getting frustrated. There are dozens of oyster shucker, but the Vollrath (1853) Oyster King is a class apart when it comes to its usability. It is one of the most user-friendly oyster shucker available in the market. The design principle of the product is aimed at comfort and usability. Shucking oyster is enjoyable when you are doing it the Vollrath Oyster King.
The handle’s grip makes it easy to get a better hold and apply force while getting shelling the oyster. Apart from the handle, the base also comes with four rubber feet. Thanks to its addition to the bottom, it prevents the oyster shucker from slipping. It offers stability while we apply pressure on the lever. Apart from its innovative design, it comes with durable construction. It is recommended for both home and restaurant use. Its usability makes it an ideal oyster shucker.
- It is easy to use, as the design is not complicated.
- Very comfortable and efficient.
- The stainless steel construction makes it durable.
- You can crack open many oyster shells in very little time.
- It is pricey.
- It has problems with smaller sized oyster shells.
5. Stainless Steel Oyster Shucker – Best for Commercial Use
- It comes with stainless steel pry sticks
- Metallic base with grooves to hold the oyster in place
- It comes with G-clips and an oyster knife
- Price: Check Price
The adjustable fulcrum which makes it easy to shell oysters of any sizes.
The stainless oyster shucker is a heavy-duty sheller which comes fully equipped to face any kinds of challenges. The durable stainless steel pry sticks can carve through any hard shells. What’s impressive about this product is its adjustable level system. It also comes with grooves on its base to keep the oyster steady. The G-clips are also a useful addition, through which you can fix the oyster shucker to the table.
- Can shell several oysters in less time and effort.
- There is very little chance of your hands getting any injuries.
- It is highly efficient and versatile.
- Easy to wash.
- It is bulky.
- The smooth handle might hinder you as you will not be able to get a better grip quickly.
The 5 oyster shucking machines that we’ve reviewed above are easily the cream of the crop. And of those 5 the King Kooker Oyster Shucker is our all around choice for the best oyster shucker machine.
Buying a oyster shucker machine is pretty straightforward once you realize which features you absolutely must have. In order to help you identify which features are critically important we wrote a buyer’s guide that breaks down the important aspects you need to know about before placing an order.
Construction – Steel vs. Wood Base
The base of the oyster shucker is a vital part. It offers stability, and it is this area that takes the majority of the tension. You need a material which is hard enough to withstand the pressure. Also, keep in mind that you need a base that can offer stability. Look for a base where you can safely keep your oyster without slipping. There are many oyster shucker, which offers G-clips; these are great to keep the bottom steady. You can also look for ones with rubber or Oyster Shucker, with a wooden base, would give a more aesthetic appeal. The natural design is indeed enticing, something that seems safe. However, if you are not into looks, a metallic/steel base would offer more durability. Steel bases are also easy to wash. Wooden floors tend to be soft and tend to break when you apply too much pressure. Keep in mind that there are wooden bases made of hardwood and offer better durability, but it might cost a little extra.
Variable Height Setting
Oysters come in different sizes. When you are stuck with an oyster shucker that offers only a limited range of height settings, you will have problems shelling numerous oysters. If possible, look for oyster shuckers with an adjustable lever. When you get one with a variable height setting, you are sure to get most of your oysters shelled with ease.
Shelling oysters can be a messy job. Once in a while, you end up spilling oyster juice all over your oyster shucker. You also won’t want the smell of seafood to last forever. They can be revolting. After shelling and preparing your oyster, you won’t want to spend so much time cleaning your oyster shucker. If you have oyster shuckers with crevices where the tiny bits of shells and oyster meat gets stuck, it can be very annoying. Get one that is easy to clean, and it will help you save time.
Get an oyster shucker, which is portable. You wouldn’t want an item that you won’t be able to store. Apart from its portability, make sure the lever handle is comfortable. Check for one which you won’t have trouble holding. Sometimes the lever handle can be too small or even too big that it’s difficult for you to get your hands around it. If possible, try and look for one which has a grip so that you’ll get a good feel of the handle.
Shelling oysters can be risky. It needs some amount of pressure before you can pop open a shell. When we apply force, the oyster could slip, or the base might wobble. Make sure that the oyster shucker is well built. Check for features that offer better safety nets. Features like G-clips to provide stability, grooves on the base, or rubber/silicon feet indicate suitable safety measures.
Get an oyster shucker, which is easy to use. You won’t want an item that is complex and difficult to assemble. Look for features that would offer comfort, like an ergonomic handle, G-clips for stability, and silicon base. Remember that you are looking for something efficient, safe, and easy to use.
Be sure to check whether or not the manufacturer offers a warranty on the item you intend to purchase. While Amazon should cover broken or defective items upon delivery, it’s up to the manufacturer as to whether they will provide a replacement after it’s been used. Compare different oyster shucker machine sellers to see if any of them will offer replacements in the event it breaks from normal use.
Even if everything works properly, you may discover you’ve ordered the wrong oyster shucker machine for your needs which may require a return. Be sure to check with the vendor before purchasing to see if they will allow a return and if so, under what circumstances.
Shipping is easily one of the most annoying costs associated with making online purchases. Be sure to compare the shipping costs to your location prior to making a purchase so you don’t end up spending more than you bargained for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which oyster shucker machine is the cheapest?
If you’re shopping for the lowest priced oyster shucker machine you can find then we recommend the King Kooker Oyster Shucker. Of all the oyster shucking machines we’ve reviewed, none of the others can beat it’s price.
How do you shuck an oyster?
There are so many tools and a different way to shuck an oyster. However, if you are using an oyster shucker, shelling it is not a difficult task. Place the oyster on the shucker’s base, with the hinge facing upwards right below the pry stick. Apply some pressure, and you will get an oyster that’s crack open for you to enjoy.
What is an oyster shucker?
An oyster shucker is a tool used to shell oysters. It usually consists of a base and a pry stick point which moves through a lever system.
Is it hard to shuck oysters?
If you don’t have the right tools shucking an oyster can be stressful work. Apart from being challenging, you can even injure your hands while shelling an oyster. Owning an oyster shucker can ease your job. It is also much faster, efficient, and safer.
Can I use an oyster shucker on all types of oysters?
It depends on the design of the oyster shucker. As oysters come in different sizes, some oyster shuckers are unable to sell them successfully. However, if you have one with an adjustable fulcrum, you can crack open even the most stubborn of those oysters with ease.