Regardless of how you plan on catching lobsters, you’ll likely need a safe and convenient way of storing them. That’s where lobster bags come in: they’re typically made of a mesh netting that prevents pinches while keeping the lobsters inside safe and secure. The best bags usually come with a closeable lid that you can easily open and close so you don’t have to worry about them getting out.
There are a number of manufacturers of these lobster bags, so we reviewed all the choices on the market and came up with a list of the five best lobster bags you can order online right now.
- KUFA Lobster Diving Bag is the best value for your money.
- Aqua Lobster Inn Bag – Best for Safe Keeping of Lobsters.
- Scuba Choice Spearfishing Lobster Bag – Best for Sturdiness.
- KUFA Lobster Diving Bag – Best for Keeping Caught Lobsters Secure Underwater.
- Spear Pro Lobster Bag – Best for Easy Use.
- Scuba Choice Palantic Lobster Bag w/ SS Handle – Best for Preventing Pinches.
Our Top Overall Pick
- Aqua Lobster Inn Bag is our pick based on value, durability and utility.
|Aqua Lobster Inn Bag||Check Price|
|Scuba Choice Spearfishing Lobster Bag||Check Price|
|KUFA Lobster Diving Bag||Check Price|
|Spear Pro Lobster Bag||Check Price|
|Scuba Choice Palantic Lobster Bag w/ SS Handle||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Lobster Bags
1. Aqua Lobster Inn Bag – Best for Safe Keeping of Lobsters
- Its opening is 18 inches by means of a heavy zip-tie.
- The bag features a diameter of 6.5 inches.
- It is 36 inches in length.
- This bag is manufactured with mesh material, and the manufacturer has fabricated it with dual easy lobster removal options.
- It has a durable, tapered PVC entry with a flip lid and handle.
- Price: Check Price
While lobster catching might seem like an easy job, catching those little creatures is a challenging task that requires some meticulous measures. So, people appreciate all the help they can get, and this bag offers just that. The trap door feature is a thoughtful inclusion to the bag that helps confine the lobster within the bag right after you catch it.
The PVC handle also helps attach the bag to any surface on the boat, making it easier to carry it back to land. The bag is also big enough to keep a large number of lobsters at a time. The material of this bag is mesh. This composition allows all the water to drain out successfully. Also, removing the lobsters from the bag is relatively easy, either through the zip opening at the bottom of the bag or by securing the bag’s base through a hook and loose strip.
- The trap door helps keep the lobsters safe and prevents them from escaping the bag.
- It is easy to attach it to any surface.
- It is spacious enough to store enough lobsters within the legal limit easily.
- Mesh bag material helps in better drainage.
- The handle is not durable and may break off easily.
2. Scuba Choice Spearfishing Lobster Bag – Best for Sturdiness
- It is a mesh net bag with an opening of about 15 inches.
- It has a clip at the opening for easy opening and closing.
- The bag is 1.5 inches in diameter.
- It has a height of 0.7″ and a length of 26.25″ and is 15″ wide.
- It has a stainless-steel handle, and you can use it to attach the bag to the ship’s deck.
- Price: Check Price
This lobster bag is another great one on the market, and purchasers highly appreciate the bag’s durability. Its mesh material makes it sturdy, and you may even drag it on sandy beaches too. The mesh does not wear and tear down even with a too rough use.
It has a clip to close the opening, making it easier and quicker to use. The clip closes manually. It would help if you closed it by hand once you’ve successfully gotten the lobster in the bag. The attached handle is of steel and is sturdy enough to not bend or break by using force, ensuring the lobsters’ safekeeping.
- It has a mesh material, which is easy for lobster drainage.
- It has a stainless-steel handle that is long-lasting.
- Its durable material makes it highly sturdy, and it lasts for years.
- It has a clip at the opening that allows easier access to the bag and helps close it quickly.
- The clip on the bag is not durable and breaks easily.
- The clip opens easily by any movement by the lobsters inside the bag or even when the bag is underwater, making it easier for the lobsters to escape.
3. KUFA Lobster Diving Bag – Best for Keeping Caught Lobsters Secure Underwater
- It has 12 inches opening with two-piece handle access.
- This bag’s dimensions are 21.5 x 15.75 inches.
- Its diameter is 1cm.
- It easily carries the limits of whatever you plan to catch and has a strong netting.
- It has mesh material and has plastic handles.
- Price: Check Price
This mesh bag serves several purposes. It is excellent for sea divers who catch their prey while underwater. The two-sided handle is perfect for opening the bag and then swimming through the water to catch lobsters, chums, fishes, or whatever you want. The handle then closes securely, keeping your catch inside.
Not many bags are great for underwater catching, but this one takes top place. Some people even use it as a regular storing bag for their sea catch and may take it with them while clamming or storing fish after a successful fishing day.
- It is excellent for underwater catching.
- It is a multiple purpose bag. You may use it for catching lobsters and chums or storing fish and clams.
- The two-sided handle opens easily underwater, assisting in catching lobsters.
- It is large enough to carry large amounts of lobsters or whatever catch you’ve made.
- Its plastic handle is unable to carry larger weights.
- The opening is a bit small for enormous lobster.
4. Spear Pro Lobster Bag – Best for Easy Use
- The bag’s opening is 18 inches, and a rubber tube secures it. This tube helps lock your catch safely in the bag.
- It fully extends up to 50 inches, and its width is 16 inches.
- The bag has a strap that fits your waist, which means hand-free carrying of the bag underwater.
- It is highly long-lasting and is spacious enough to fit the lobster limits
- Its material is durable poly net with a bungee system
- Price: Check Price
This bag is a definite choice for deep-sea divers who want to catch lobsters or other sea creatures. The bag has many positives, but the absolute favorite is its waist strap, which secures tightly to the diver’s waist and helps them collect and store the lobsters efficiently. This lobster bag is one of the absolute bests on the market due to its sturdiness, affordable price, and the trouble-free use to catch lobsters
Unlike the mesh material bags, this bag has poly net material in it. This material helps increase the bag’s durability while also ensures proper drainage. The divers may dive by securing the bag with their waist, and when they come across a lobster, they can catch it and toss it in the bag shutting it closed with the plastic tube at the opening.
- Its ploy net is durable and expandable.
- Its waist strap makes it easy to carry while diving and hunting lobsters.
- The plastic tube at the opening is easy to open and close.
- The bag is highly durable and can withstand rough conditions.
- It does not have a handle to secure it with the ship or any other surface.
5. Scuba Choice Palantic Lobster Bag w/ SS Handle – Best for Preventing Pinches
- The bag opening has a diameter of 13″.
- It is of nylon. While some may prefer mesh or net, many people have difficulty using mesh bags and prefer this one.
- The bag has a handle on its top that opens upon squeezing.
- The bag is 27″ in length and 17.5″ in width.
- The nylon material of this bag has a mesh base and comes in blue and red colors.
- Price: Check Price
The Scuba Choice Palantic Blue Lobster bag is trendy among divers, mainly because of the material vendors picked for its making. The bag made entirely on nylon with only the mesh base ensures drainage and traps the lobsters. The nylon is also sturdier than mesh or net and is safer to use.
There is a unique clip to secure an opening that uses a spring to open. You can also open it with a single hand, making it easier to operate. The clip then shuts tight, locking the lobsters within the bag. The clip also has an attached handle that you can use to attach the bag to various surfaces.
- The use of nylon material in it makes it sturdier than mesh or net bags.
- The mesh base at the bottom allows drainage.
- The clip is easy to open with a single hand.
- It is available in two colors (red and blue).
- The clip also serves as a handle to attach it to different surfaces.
- Some people may prefer zip lock bags over the clip in this bag.
- The mesh at the bottom may not allow proper water drainage.
Lobster bags need to be sturdy to tolerate the water current and the lobster’s movements. Mostly the companies prepare it with mesh or net. However, now many manufacturers prefer nylon lobster bags for their toughness and longevity.
Lobster bags come in various sizes. Those which are stretchable can expand to accommodate whatever number of lobsters you catch. Mostly the manufacturers make the bags with the official lobster limit in mind. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about the bag being small to fit the state’s legal number of lobsters.
Lobster bags need to have a hook or handle to attach them to a surface on the ship or boat. This attachment is essential because once you catch the lobsters, the bag becomes heavy to carry. Securing them to a safe place in the ship will keep them from escaping until they are ready for transfer to another place.
The lobster bags need to be durable enough to keep the lobsters or any catch safe and secure. These bags have to endure the tough water currents and waves and lobsters’ movements within the bag, so durability is essential. It would be best if you always prioritized this factor. Moreover, no one wants to waste money on a new lobster bag continually, so having one that can last years is a smart choice.
Lids are an important yet not a very common feature in lobster bags. The lids help keep the lobsters in the bags safe. Once you transfer the lobsters in the bag, close the lid on top to secure them. The lids either have an option to close them manually or have a built-in trap door lid. Sometimes just a zip lock or plastic pipe isn’t enough to keep the lobsters in the bag securely, so a lid is necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best lobster bag?
The Aqua Lobster Inn Bag is the best lobster bag due to its durability and safekeeping. The trap door secures the lobsters in the bag. For opening and closing, it has a simple push of the hand from outside. It is also affordable, and its mesh material helps in proper water drainage.
What is the use of lobster bags?
The purpose of lobster bags is to store the lobsters safely after catching them. They store the lobsters until it is time to transfer them to a storage house or any other such facility for safekeeping. They ensure their quality and freshness. These bags also work for storing fish, clams, chums, and other sea animals.
Do I need a lobster bag?
If you plan on catching lobsters while diving and plan on catching large amounts of lobsters to bring back to the shore, a lobster bag is a must. It not only allows you to catch the lobsters effortlessly but also to store them safely. It also helps carry the lobsters back without any difficulty, especially when they are in large numbers.
How do I prevent lobsters from escaping the bag?
It is imperative that you tightly shut the bag’s opening right after putting the lobsters in it. There are different ways to secure the opening, such as a trap door, a clip, or a rubber tube that locks. But the best one is probably the trap door, which gets stuck and ensures no lobsters can go out of the bag. But always double-check the opening no matter what method of securing it you use.
How do you attach the lobster bag to your swimsuit?
The lobster bags have either hooks or clips that you can attach with a belt to your swimsuit, but sometimes the clip or hook may come off and detach the bag and cause the loss of all the lobster you caught. However, now lobster bags have straps on them, and you can wear them on your waist and catch lobsters easily while diving.